Tuesday 24 February 2009

What's wrong with me?


Car's back on the road so I'm driving yesterday morning and realise I've taken all the CD's out before I took it to the garage. Get home last night and look in the bag I've chucked them in. 127 of the fookers I had strewn about my car. I blame car boot sales which I'm hopelessly addicted to. So bad am I when I go to one I'll do a write up on Sunday to let you know what I've bought.
Having been born in the 60's I grew up listening to Led Zeppelin, Free, Jimi Hendrix et al. Now I'm into The Stone Roses and Oasis et al. There was a fair mixture of those sort of CD's plus a few strange ones. From Abba to AC/DC, Van Morrison to Van Halen. You name it, I had it. I must admit to liking most genres now though I can't stand rap or hip hop. There was also a Take That and a Robbie Williams CD amongst them. I mention that because the Robbie CD was titled "Singing when you're winning" which was a thinly veiled jibe at Gary Barlow. Supposedly, after the Take That split Robbie had made it and the rest of them hadn't. Wonder what Robbie thinks of that now has he sits in the stands of Port Vale, looking to the heavens hoping to spot an UFO whilst Gary Barlow sits at his piano looking at all his multi platinum CD's, 5 Ivor Novello awards and OnePoll.coms greatest British songwriter award. I know the Take That boys regularly read this blog so here's an idea for your next Album title, "He who laughs last". Go on Gary, you know you want to.
Was reading Joppas blog yesterday and spotted a new blog on his favourites. Clicked on it and spent the next three hours reading all these girlie blogs, mostly from American Moms. Suprisingly, to me anyway, I actually quite enjoyed them. What's wrong with me? Mid life crisis? Fuck knows.
I've listed my favourites down the bottom right of this blog if anyone fancies reading some of them. Not that they need any more viewers. Some of them post "Hi" and get about 250 comments, figures even Amatay would be proud of. Think my favourite so far is "my boyfriends a twat". I,ve only gone back a few months and there's been a few laugh out loud posts. If you read this Joppa and find a few hours to kill, give her a twirl.
Right, just watched Inter v Man Utd and now I'm off to read http://www.momscrazylife.com/.
What the fuck is wrong with me?
Just watched "If Hitler gave me a wax job" on BERNTHIS.COM . Fucking brilliant.

2 comments:

  1. Rubbish whereabouts are you? On one of those live feed things it said you were from Hertford which is right by me. On your profile is says Cardiff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mate,
    I live in Cardiff and haven't a clue why my IP address comes up as Egham, Surrey. My broad band is with Virgin. Maybe they've got a HQ up there?
    How did your interview go?

    ReplyDelete